Sunday, April 7, 2013

Bongeunsa Temple (봉은사)

What is this Catholic girl doing, praying to her own God, on our grounds? -
But how could I not? I took the liberty of using these peaceful Buddhist grounds and turning them into my sanctuary for a few hours. I grabbed one the cushions, positioned myself crossed legged, and just meditated. I had never done anything like that, anywhere in the world, but I must admit it did not feel as weird or hippy as I imagined it would. It felt surreal and comforting that other people were there meditating as well. After I don't know how long of meditating, I prayed... yes to Jesus, not to the Buddha.

HISTORY-
This awesome Buddha happens to have similarly cool history-  It was built in the 10th year of Shilla King Weongseong's reign (794) It hold thousands of Buddhist scriptures AND if you so chose to, you can even stay in the temple for a few days and learn from practicing monks the Korean Buddhist culture..... tempted. Maybe.


                                         Directions: Take Subway line 2. 

                                Get off Samseong Station. Exit 6
            Walk straight passing Coex Mall , the turn left at the light.






                 
                                        

                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...